BREAKING THE MYTHS ABOUT BOTOX
Let us tackle some well-accepted myths: –
- Botox is toxic and dangerous – Botox holds a long and well-established history of being safe, with more than 16 million treatments being performed since it was first introduced. In fact, some medical treatments use Botox to treat illnesses such as migraines, excessive underarm sweating, and an overactive bladder.
- Botox and fillers are unbearably painful – There will always be some discomfort when having cosmetic injections, but it is by no means unbearable. Many compare the sensation of Botox injections to that of a mosquito bite, not excruciating by any stretch. Fillers can be a little uncomfortable, but the majority contain the numbing agent lidocaine to minimize discomfort.
- Botox only works for facial wrinkles – Botox has a vast range of applications apart from smoothing out lines and wrinkles. It relieves migraines, neck and back pain, facial twitches, jaw joint pain, excessive sweating, and even depression.
- Side Effects of Botox – It is believed that should you start with Botox treatments and dermal fillers, your skin will start sagging and wrinkling more than ever before if you stop the treatments. When the effects of Botox and fillers wear off, the skin will look exactly like it did before the treatment, without deterioration. There is no need to worry if you will have to undergo treatment ad infinitum. Having tried botox once, whether you repeat it or not, is completely a matter of choice.
- Only women get Botox – The number of men requesting this service is increasing drastically. Men too want to freeze their youth, and it’s a misconception that this treatment is necessary and undergone only by women.
- Face cream can do the same job as Botox – It’s an easy marketing tool to say “just like Botox” or “better than Botox” on face cream. The thought of just applying a cream instead of having an injection is comforting to some. Good skincare routine is essential but botox results cannot be achieved by just a cream.
- It won’t look natural – Anytime you see someone with lips or cheeks that don’t look natural it is usually because they have put too much filler on their face or from a cheaper source. Not skimping on such treatments and getting it done from a trusted source is significant.
- Botox is addictive – There is no drug within the injections that is addictive to patients, so this cannot happen. The feeling of wanting to look young can be addictive which with the right practitioner, will be monitored and never overdone.