Types of Hair Transplants
There are two ways to obtain follicular units from the permanent donor area of the scalp – Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT) & Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
- Follicular Unit Transplantation (FUT)
In this method of hair transplant treatment, a long, thin strip of tissue is removed from the donor area and dissected into balding area’s follicular units under special microscopes.
- Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE)
This is comparatively a newer method of hair transplant services, where the patient’s non bald areas are treated as resistant donor areas and the follicular units are extracted from these areas one at a time. Then the non-hair bearing skin is attached to the follicle.
BENEFITS OF HAIR TRANSPLANT
The main benefits of having a hair transplant include:
- Improved looks and confidence
- Permanent remedy to baldness
- You will never have to worry about losing your hair again
- Low maintenance required since transplanted hair is just like regular hair and requires no special treatment, care or shampoos